Coaches must be hired at a Board of Education meeting BEFORE STUDENT CONTACT Please follow the steps below in order:
- An application for employment on file in the Board Office (use the Employment link on the school website)
- OH ID Portal and Educator ID account created through ODE THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK
- BCI and FBI Background Check
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Concussion in Sports
- Fundamentals of Coaching
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training - Each year, coaches must review the Ohio Department of Health’s new video and related fact sheet. Although districts may choose how they will verify completion, the Department encourages use of its Learning Management System (LMS). After logging in to LMS through individual SAFE accounts, permit holders can view the materials, take a short test and earn their certificates of completion. To access the LMS, coaches will log in to their SAFE accounts, click on Course Catalog and search for: sudden cardiac arrest. In the enrollment for the course, each coach will need to set up an online account within the LMS, where the coach may store the electronic certificate verifying completion for the year.
If you are unable to access the information through the LMS you may use the following link to the Ohio Department of Health to access the video and related materials: Ohio Department of Health website . Links are also on the Athletic page of the District website.
Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Marion Work Health – 165 W. Center Street Suite 100 E., Marion, Ohio – Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
Current Background Check (FBI and BCI)
- Use code 3319 39B1 and have results sent to BOTH the Ohio Department of Education and the Cardington-Lincoln School District, It is important to have your OH Educator ID before this step, if you do not your fingerprints will go nowhere and you may end up paying to have them done a second time. There is a form available in the Board Office.
- Cost is $55 for both, the Morrow County Sheriff’s Office DOES NOT accept Debit or Credit Cards
- Have both the BCI and FBI results sent to:
The Cardington-Lincoln Local School District
121 Nichols Street
Cardington, Ohio 43315
And to The Ohio Department of Education (they have that information)
Current PAP (Pupil Activity Permit), apply for and pay for on the ODE site (NO PAPER APPLICATIONS)
Evidence of all of the above need to be on file in the Board Office, before Mr. Petrie will electronically sign a PAP application. Below are links to ODE, Ohio Health and NFHS, if you have any questions please call the office.
Link to ODE for Safe account, PAP instructions on applying for or renewing your PAP certificate:
Link to PAP classes: https://www.ohiohealth.com
Link to Concussion in sports and Fundamentals of Coaching: https://nfhslearn.com/